Competition Tribunal Act
3. (1) There is hereby established a tribunal to be known as the Competition Tribunal.
Marginal note:Constitution of Tribunal
(2) The Tribunal shall consist of
(a) not more than six members to be appointed from among the judges of the Federal Court — Trial Division by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister of Justice; and
(b) not more than eight other members to be appointed by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister.
Marginal note:Advisory council
(3) The Governor in Council may establish an advisory council to advise the Minister with respect to appointments of lay members, which council is to be composed of not more than ten members who are knowledgeable in economics, industry, commerce or public affairs and may include, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, individuals chosen from business communities, the legal community, consumer groups and labour.
(4) The Minister shall consult with any advisory council established under subsection (3) before making a recommendation with respect to the appointment of a lay member.
- R.S., 1985, c. 19 (2nd Supp.), s. 3;
- 2002, c. 16, s. 16.
- Date modified: