Marginal note:Advance publication of rules and amendments
17. Where the Tribunal proposes to make any rule under section 16, it
(a) shall give notice of the proposal by publishing it in the Canada Gazette and shall, in the notice, invite any interested person to make representations to it in writing with respect thereto within sixty days after the day of the publication; and
(b) may, after the expiration of the sixty days referred to in paragraph (a) and subject to the approval of the Governor in Council, implement the proposal either as originally published or as revised in such manner as the Tribunal deems advisable having regard to any representations so made to it.
COMBINES INVESTIGATION ACT
18. to 45. [Amendments]
Access to Information Act
47. and 48. [Amendments]
Energy Supplies Emergency Act
Farm Products Marketing Agencies Act
National Transportation Act
Public Service Staff Relations Act
Public Service Superannuation Act
Shipping Conferences Exemption Act
55. to 58. [Amendments]
Marginal note:References to s. 114 of Canada Corporations Act
59. (1) Wherever in any Act of Parliament a reference is made to section 114 of the Canada Corporations Act, chapter C-32 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1970, in respect of a company or corporation, sections 229 to 234, 236 to 240 and 242 of the Canada Business Corporations Act apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, in respect of that company or corporation.
(2) In construing the sections of the Canada Business Corporations Act made applicable to a company or corporation under this section, in the case of a company, or corporation, incorporated without share capital, “security holder”, or “registered holder or beneficial owner” in relation to a security, means a member of the company or corporation.
Marginal note:Powers of Directors
(3) A Director or Deputy Director appointed under section 260 of the Canada Business Corporations Act may, for the purpose of giving effect to this section with respect to the application of sections 229 to 234, 236 to 240 and 242 of that Act, exercise the powers and perform the functions and duties of the Director under those sections.
- R.S., 1985, c. 19 (2nd Supp.), s. 59;
- 1994, c. 24, s. 34(F).
- Date modified: