17. No person shall obstruct or hinder an enforcement officer in the carrying out of the enforcement officer’s duties and functions under this Act.
Marginal note:False statements
18. No person shall knowingly make a false or misleading statement, either orally or in writing, as the case may be,
(a) in an application for a licence;
(b) to the Agency pursuant to a request under section 9; or
(c) to an enforcement officer while the enforcement officer is engaged in carrying out that enforcement officer’s duties and functions under this Act.
Marginal note:Summary conviction offence and punishment
19. Every person who contravenes section 17 or 18 is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable to a fine of not more than fifteen thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding twelve months or to both.
Marginal note:Minister of Transport responsible
20. Except where otherwise provided for in this Act, the Minister of Transport is responsible for the administration of this Act.
Marginal note:Copies or extracts
21. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a copy or extract of any document or paper made or taken pursuant to subsection 15(3) by an enforcement officer and purporting to be certified under the enforcement officer’s signature as a true copy or extract is admissible in evidence in any prosecution for an offence under this Act without proof of the signature or official character of the person appearing to have signed the copy or extract and, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, has the same probative force as the original document or paper would have if it had been proved in the ordinary way.
(2) No copy or extract referred to in subsection (1) shall be received in evidence in any proceedings unless the party intending to produce it has given to the party against whom it is intended to be produced notice of that intention at least seven days prior to the proceedings together with a duplicate of the copy or extract.
22. to 28. [Amendments]
29. [Repealed, 2001, c. 26, s. 291]
30. [Repealed, 2001, c. 26, s. 291]
COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:Coming into force
(2) [Repealed, 2001, c. 26, s. 292]
Return to footnote *[Note: Act in force December 1, 1992, see SI/92-175.]
- 1992, c. 31, s. 31;
- 2001, c. 26, s. 292.
- Date modified: