IMPLEMENTATION OF AGREEMENTS GENERALLY
Approval of Agreements
Marginal note:Agreements approved
9. The Agreement and the bilateral agreements are approved.
Administrative and Institutional Provisions
Marginal note:Representative on Joint Committee
10. The Minister is the principal representative of Canada on the Joint Committee.
Marginal note:Payment of expenditures
11. The Government of Canada shall pay its appropriate share of the aggregate of any expenditures incurred by or on behalf of the Joint Committee.
Marginal note:Administrative support
12. The Minister shall designate an agency, division or branch of the Government of Canada to facilitate the operation of, and provide administrative assistance to arbitral tribunals established under, Chapter VIII of the Agreement.
Subcommittees and Working Groups
Marginal note:Appointments to subcommittees and working groups
13. The Minister may appoint any person to be a representative of Canada on the subcommittee referred to in Article 9 of the Agreement or on any subcommittee or working group established under Article 26 of the Agreement.
14. The Government of Canada shall pay the costs of or its appropriate share of the costs of
(a) the remuneration and expenses payable to members of arbitral tribunals, subcommittees and working groups; and
(b) the general expenses incurred by arbitral tribunals, subcommittees and working groups.
Marginal note:Orders re Article 31
15. (1) The Governor in Council may, for the purpose of suspending benefits or obligations in accordance with Article 31 of the Agreement, by order, do any one or more of the following:
(a) suspend rights or privileges granted by Canada to an EFTA state or to goods of an EFTA state under the Agreement, a bilateral agreement or any federal law;
(b) modify or suspend the application of any federal law enacted by Part 2, with respect to an EFTA state or to goods of an EFTA state;
(c) extend the application of any federal law to an EFTA state or to goods of an EFTA state; and
(d) take any other measure that the Governor in Council considers necessary for that purpose.
Marginal note:Period of order
(2) Unless revoked, an order made under subsection (1) has effect for the period specified in the order.
RELATED AND CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS
Canadian International Trade Tribunal Act
- Date modified: