Marginal note:Minister’s briefings
54. (1) At least once a year, and at any other time at the Minister’s request, the Review Committee, or a person engaged by it and designated by it for the purposes of this section, shall meet the Minister and brief him or her on any matter that relates to the performance by the Service of its duties and functions.
Marginal note:Special reports
(2) The Review Committee may, on request by the Minister or at any other time, furnish the Minister with a special report concerning any matter that relates to the performance of its duties and functions.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-23, s. 54;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 384.
Marginal note:Protection of confidential information
55. The Review Committee shall consult with the Director in order to ensure compliance with section 37 in preparing
- R.S., 1985, c. C-23, s. 55;
- 2001, c. 27, s. 226.
REVIEW BY PARLIAMENT
Marginal note:Review of Act after five years
56. (1) After July 16, 1989, a comprehensive review of the provisions and operation of this Act shall be undertaken by such committee of the House of Commons or of both Houses of Parliament as may be designated or established by Parliament for that purpose.
Marginal note:Report to Parliament
(2) The committee referred to in subsection (1) shall, within a year after a review is undertaken pursuant to that subsection or within such further time as Parliament may authorize, submit a report on the review to Parliament including a statement of any changes the committee recommends.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 69.
- Date modified: