9. (1) The Chairperson and the Vice-Chairpersons shall be paid such remuneration as is fixed by the Governor in Council.
(2) The members of the Board, other than the Chairperson and the Vice-Chairpersons, shall be paid such remuneration as is fixed by the Governor in Council for their attendance at such meetings of the Board, or of any of its committees, as the Chairperson directs them to attend, and for any special work for the Commission performed by them at the request of the Chairperson.
10. Members of the Board are entitled to be paid such travel and living expenses as are fixed by by-law of the Board while absent from their ordinary place of residence in the course of their duties under this Act.
Marginal note:Role of Chairperson
11. The Chairperson is the chief executive officer of the Commission and has supervision over and direction of the work and staff of the Commission.
Marginal note:Absence of Chairperson
12. In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chairperson, one of the Vice-Chairpersons shall be designated by the Board to exercise all of the powers and perform all of the duties and functions of the Chairperson.
OFFICES AND MEETINGS
13. The Board shall establish such offices in Canada as the Board considers necessary for the furtherance of the Commission’s purpose.
Marginal note:Office in National Capital Region
Marginal note:Northern office
(2) At least one office of the Commission shall be at a place north of sixty degrees north latitude.
15. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Board shall meet at least four times in each year, at different places in Canada, at such times and places as the Chairperson may select.
Marginal note:Northern meetings
(2) At least half of the Board’s meetings in each year shall be held at places north of sixty degrees north latitude.
16. The Board may, subject to its by-laws, appoint an Executive Committee from among the members of the Board and appoint advisory and other committees consisting, wholly or partly, of members of the Board and persons who are not members of the Board.
- Date modified: