Marginal note:When public service participant deemed participant
63. Despite anything in this Part, a participant who becomes a public service participant ceases to be a participant under this Part, but, if on ceasing to be a public service participant they are not entitled to an immediate annuity or an immediate annual allowance under the Public Service Superannuation Act and are entitled under Part I or under the Defence Services Pension Continuation Act, chapter D-3 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1970, to an immediate annuity, immediate annual allowance or pension, they are deemed to have elected under subsection 62(1) to continue to be a participant under this Part.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-17, s. 63;
- 2003, c. 26, s. 28.
Marginal note:Elections to reduce basic benefit
64. (1) Where the basic benefit of an elective participant, who, on ceasing to be a member of the regular force, was entitled under Part I or under the Defence Services Pension Continuation Act, chapter D-3 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1970, to an immediate annuity or pension exceeds five thousand dollars, the amount of the basic benefit shall, if the participant so elects, be reduced to five thousand dollars.
(2) For the purposes of this Part, an elective participant who has made an election under section 64 of this Act, as it read from time to time before the day on which this section comes into force, is, beginning on that day, deemed to have elected to reduce the basic benefit of the participant to five thousand dollars unless, within one year after that day, the participant elects not to be deemed to have so elected.
Marginal note:Election irrevocable
(3) An election made under subsection (1) or (2) is irrevocable.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-17, s. 64;
- 1992, c. 46, s. 53.
Marginal note:Amount of contribution
65. Every participant shall contribute to the Consolidated Revenue Fund at the rate of five cents per month for every two hundred and fifty dollars in the amount of the participant’s salary or, in the case of elective participants or participants who are absent from duty, such contribution as the regulations prescribe.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-17, s. 65;
- 1992, c. 46, s. 53.
Marginal note:Payment of benefit
66. (1) On the death of a participant, there shall be paid to the persons and in the manner specified in this Part, the amount of the basic benefit of the participant with respect to which the last contribution payable under this Part by the participant was calculated.
Marginal note:Benefits to certain participants continued
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), in calculating the benefit payable under that subsection on the death of a person who was an elective regular force participant under Part II of the Public Service Superannuation Act immediately before August 1, 1966 and who continued to be an elective participant until the time of his death, “basic benefit” means the basic benefit as defined in subsection 47(1) of the Public Service Superannuation Act as it read immediately prior to August 1, 1966.
- R.S., c. C-9, s. 35.
- Date modified: