Marginal note:Annual report
23. (1) The President must, before September 30 of each year following the Agency’s first full year of operations, submit an annual report on the operations of the Agency for the preceding year to the Minister and the Minister must table a copy of the report in each House of Parliament on any of the first fifteen days on which that House is sitting after the Minister receives the report.
Marginal note:Form and contents
(2) The annual report must include
(a) the financial statements of the Agency;
(b) information about the Agency’s performance with respect to the objectives established in the corporate business plan; and
(c) any other information that the Minister or the Treasury Board may require to be included in it.
- 1997, c. 6, s. 23;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 186.
FEES AND EXPENDITURES
Marginal note:Fees for services or use of facilities
24. (1) Subject to the regulations, the Minister may fix the fees to be paid for a service or the use of a facility provided by the Agency.
Marginal note:Amount not to exceed cost
(2) Fees fixed under subsection (1) may not exceed the cost to Her Majesty in right of Canada of providing the service or the use of the facility.
Marginal note:Fees for products, rights and privileges
25. Subject to the regulations, the Minister may fix fees in respect of products, rights and privileges provided by the Agency.
26. (1) Before fixing a fee under section 24 or 25, the Minister must consult with any persons or organizations that the Minister considers to be interested in the matter.
(2) The Minister must publish any fee fixed under section 24 or 25 in the Canada Gazette within thirty days after fixing it.
Marginal note:Reference to Committee
(3) Any fee fixed under section 24 or 25 stands permanently referred to the Committee referred to in section 19 of the Statutory Instruments Act, to be reviewed and scrutinized as if it were a statutory instrument.
27. The Treasury Board may make regulations for the purposes of sections 24 to 26.
Marginal note:Collection of fees
28. The Agency may enter into an agreement with any person, provincial government or other authority respecting the collection of fees fixed under this Act or any other Act that the Agency enforces or administers by virtue of subsection 11(1) and, notwithstanding subsections 17(1) and (4) of the Financial Administration Act, authorizing that person, government or authority to withhold amounts from those fees.
- Date modified: