Marginal note:Obstruction and false statements
19. No person shall obstruct or hinder, or make any false or misleading statement either orally or in writing to, an inspector engaged in carrying out his duties or functions under this Act or any regulation made under this Act.
- R.S., c. C-7, s. 20.
OFFENCES AND PUNISHMENT
Marginal note:Contravention of Act or regulations
20. (1) Every person who, or whose employee or agent, contravenes or fails to comply with any provision of this Act or any regulation made under this Act is guilty of an offence and liable
(a) on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding five hundred dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both; or
(b) on conviction on indictment to a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year or to both.
Marginal note:Offence by employee or agent
(2) In a prosecution for an offence under this section it is sufficient proof of the offence to establish that it was committed by an employee or agent of the accused, whether or not the employee or agent is identified.
(3) Where it is established in any prosecution for an offence under this section that the offence was committed by an employee or agent of the accused, it is a defence to the accused that he exercised all due diligence to prevent the commission of the offence.
(4) The Commission may, with the approval of the Attorney General of Canada, seek injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction, where the Commission believes on reasonable grounds that a person or their employee or agent has failed to comply with any provision of this Act or any regulation.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-15, s. 20;
- 1995, c. 23, s. 8.
Marginal note:Inclusion of dairy product on Import Control List
21. The Governor in Council may include on the Import Control List established under the Export and Import Permits Act any dairy product the import of which the Governor in Council deems it necessary to control for the purpose of implementing any action taken under this Act to support the price of that dairy product or that has the effect of supporting the price of that dairy product.
- R.S., c. C-7, s. 17.
- Date modified: