GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS AND FEDERAL AND ABORIGINAL LAND
Definition of “regulations”
206. In this Part, “regulations” means regulations made under this Part.
Marginal note:Application to Government, etc.
207. (1) This Part applies to
(a) departments, boards and agencies of the Government of Canada;
(b) federal works and undertakings;
(c) aboriginal land, federal land, persons on that land and other persons in so far as their activities involve that land; and
(d) Crown corporations, as defined in subsection 83(1) of the Financial Administration Act.
(1.1) This Part does not apply to public real property under the administration and control of the Commissioner of Yukon pursuant to the Yukon Act.
(2) This Part does not restrict any of the following powers in so far as they may be exercised in relation to air and all layers of the atmosphere above federal land or aboriginal land:
- 1999, c. 33, s. 207;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 125.
Objectives, Guidelines and Codes of Practice
Marginal note:Minister shall establish
208. (1) The Minister shall establish objectives, guidelines and codes of practice for the purpose of carrying out the Minister’s duties and functions under this Part related to the quality of the environment.
(2) In establishing an objective, a guideline or a code of practice under subsection (1), the Minister
(a) shall offer to consult with the government of a territory if the objective, guideline or code of practice applies to that territory, and with the members of the Committee who are representatives of aboriginal governments if it applies to aboriginal land over which an aboriginal government has jurisdiction; and
(b) may consult with a department, board or agency of the Government of Canada, or a Crown corporation as defined in subsection 83(1) of the Financial Administration Act.
Marginal note:Minister may act
(3) At any time after the 60th day following the day on which the Minister offers to consult in accordance with paragraph (2)(a), the Minister may act under subsection (1) if the offer to consult is not accepted by the government of a territory or members of the Committee who are representatives of aboriginal governments.
- Date modified: