Report to Parliament
Marginal note:Annual report
342. (1) The Minister shall, as soon as possible after the end of each fiscal year, prepare and cause to be laid before each House of Parliament a report on the administration and enforcement of this Act for that year.
(2) The Minister shall include in the annual report a report on the research conducted under the authority of this Act during the fiscal year being reported.
Marginal note:Permanent review of Act
343. (1) The administration of this Act shall, every five years after the coming into force of this Act, stand referred to such committee of the House of Commons, of the Senate or of both Houses of Parliament as may be designated or established for that purpose.
Marginal note:Review and report
(2) The committee designated or established for the purpose of subsection (1) shall, as soon as practicable, undertake a comprehensive review of the provisions and operation of this Act and shall, within one year after the review is undertaken or within such further time as the House of Commons, the Senate or both Houses of Parliament, as the case may be, may authorize, submit a report to Parliament thereon, including a statement of any changes to this Act or its administration that the committee would recommend.
CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS, REPEAL, TRANSITIONAL PROVISION AND COMING INTO FORCE
344. to 354. [Amendments]
355.1 (1) Subject to subsection (2), any regulation that was
(a) made under the Act mentioned in section 355, and
(b) in force immediately before the day on which this Act is assented to
is deemed to have been made under this Act, and continues in force, subject to being amended or repealed under this Act.
Marginal note:Where inconsistent with this Act
(2) If a regulation continued in force by subsection (1) is not consistent with this Act at the end of the two-year period that starts on the day on which this Act is assented to, that regulation ceases to be in force at the end of that period.
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Coming into force
Return to footnote *[Note: Sections 6 and 332 to 341 in force November 15, 1999, see SI/99-131; sections 243 to 255 in force December 1, 1999, see SI/99-132; sections 9 and 54 in force February 2, 2000, see SI/2000-4; sections 1 to 5, 7, 8, 10 to 53 and 55 to 80, subsections 81(1) to (6) and (8) to (14), sections 82 to 105, subsections 106(1) to (6) and (8) to (13) and sections 107 to 233, 242, 256 to 331 and 342 to 355.1 in force March 31, 2000, see SI/2000-15; sections 234 to 241 in force March 31, 2001, see SI/2000-15 and SI/2000-78; subsections 81(7) and 106(7) in force September 13, 2001, see SI/2000-15.]
- Date modified: