Marginal note:Research, data collection and inventory establishment
7. The Minister may conduct research, collect data and establish inventories respecting any aspect of water resource management or the management of any specific water resources or provide for the conduct of any such research, data collection or inventory establishment by or in cooperation with any government, institution or person.
- R.S., c. 5(1st Supp.), s. 6.
Marginal note:Matters to be specified in agreements
8. (1) Where, pursuant to section 5, the Minister enters into an agreement with one or more provincial governments, the agreement shall, where applicable, in respect of each program that is the subject of the agreement, specify
(a) the respective parts of the program to be undertaken by the Minister and the provincial government or governments and the times at which and the manner in which those parts of the program are to be carried out;
(b) the proportions of the cost of the respective parts of the program that are to be paid by the Minister and the provincial government or governments and the times at which amounts representing those proportions are to be paid;
(c) the labour, land and materials that are to be supplied in relation to the respective parts of the program by the Minister and the provincial government or governments;
(d) the proportions in which any compensation awarded or agreed to be paid to any body or person suffering loss as a result of the program is to be paid by the Minister and the provincial government or governments;
(e) the amount of any loan or grant, constituting part or all of the cost of the program to be paid by the Minister, that is to be made or paid by the Minister to the provincial government or governments, and the manner in which the terms and conditions of the loan or grant are to be determined;
(f) the authority or authorities, whether an agent or agents of Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province or otherwise as may be agreed to be appropriate, that will be responsible for the undertaking, operation or maintenance of projects that form part of the program;
(g) the respective proportions of the revenues from the program that are to be paid to the Minister and the provincial government or governments; and
(h) the terms and conditions relating to the undertaking, operation and maintenance of the program.
Marginal note:Provisions to be included in agreements
(2) An agreement entered into pursuant to section 5 shall, where applicable, in respect of the joint commission, board or other body thereby established or named, provide for
(a) the constitution thereof, the members thereof that are to be appointed by the Minister and the provincial government or governments that are parties to the agreement and the terms and conditions of the appointments;
(b) the staff thereof that is to be supplied by the Minister and the provincial government or governments;
(c) the duties of the body and the powers that it may exercise in directing, supervising and coordinating the program;
(d) the keeping of accounts and records by the body;
(e) the annual submission by the body to the Minister and the provincial government or governments of operating and capital budgets in connection with the programs directed, supervised and coordinated by the body for the next following fiscal year for approval by the Governor in Council and such persons on behalf of the provincial government or governments as are designated in the agreement; and
(f) the submission by the body to the Minister and the provincial government or governments, within three months after the termination of each fiscal year, of an annual report containing such information as is specified in the agreement.
- R.S., c. 5(1st Supp.), s. 7.
- Date modified: