Marginal note:Renewal of term
17. The Governor in Council may renew the term of office of a director, other than the Chair or the Commissioner, for a maximum of two further terms of not more than three years each, but in the case of a director nominated by a province or the territories, the nomination must first be renewed.
Marginal note:Continuation in office
18. If a director, other than the Chair or the Commissioner, is not appointed to take office on the expiry of the term of an incumbent director, the incumbent director may continue in office until a successor is appointed.
Marginal note:Part-time office
19. (1) All the directors except the Commissioner must carry out the duties and functions of their office on a part-time basis.
Marginal note:Directors’ fees
(2) The Agency must pay the directors, other than the Commissioner, the fees fixed by the Governor in Council for attendance at meetings of the Board or any committee of directors, or for the performance of other duties.
20. The directors, other than the Commissioner, are entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by them in the course of performing their duties while absent from their ordinary place of residence.
Marginal note:Accident compensation
21. For the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulation made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act, the directors and the Deputy Commissioner appointed under subsection 26(1) are deemed to be employees in the federal public administration.
- 1999, c. 17, s. 21;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E);
- 2004, c. 16, s. 2(F).
Marginal note:Appointment and tenure of Chair
22. The Chair of the Board must be appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office during pleasure for a term of not more than five years, which term may be renewed for one further term of not more than five years.
Marginal note:Incapacity or vacancy
23. In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chair or a vacancy in that office, the Minister may appoint another director to exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the Chair, but no director may be so appointed for a term of more than sixty days without the approval of the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Powers, duties and functions of Chair
24. The Chair must preside at meetings of the Board and exercise any powers and perform any duties and functions that are assigned by the by-laws of the Agency.
- Date modified: