CONTRACTS, AGREEMENTS, ARRANGEMENTS AND LEGAL PROCEEDINGS
Marginal note:Contracts, agreements and arrangements
61. Subject to sections 63 and 65, the Agency may enter into contracts, agreements or other arrangements with governments, public or private organizations and agencies or any person in the name of Her Majesty in right of Canada or in its own name.
Marginal note:Contracts with Her Majesty
62. The Agency may enter into contracts, agreements or other arrangements with Her Majesty as if it were not an agent of Her Majesty.
Marginal note:Agreements to administer a tax
63. (1) The Agency may enter into or amend an agreement with a provincial, territorial or aboriginal government to administer a tax or other fiscal measure if the agreement is in accordance with guidelines relating to agreements of that kind established jointly by the Minister and the Minister of Finance.
Marginal note:Application of the Federal-Provincial Fiscal Arrangements Act
(2) Parts III and III.1 of the Federal-Provincial Fiscal Arrangements Act do not apply to an agreement entered into or amended under subsection (1).
- 1999, c. 17, s. 63;
- 2005, c. 38, s. 51.
64. For greater certainty, nothing in this Act gives the Agency the power to enter into any agreement under Part III, III.1 or VII of the Federal-Provincial Fiscal Arrangements Act, or under the Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Resources Accord Implementation Act or the Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementation Act or to amend an agreement entered into under those Acts.
Marginal note:International contracts
65. The Agency may not enter into a contract, agreement or other arrangement, other than a contract for the procurement of goods and services by the Agency, with
(a) an international organization;
(b) the government of a foreign state or a subdivision of a foreign state;
(c) an institution of an organization or government referred to in paragraph (a) or (b); or
(d) a person acting on behalf of or retained by a body referred to in any of paragraphs (a) to (c).
Marginal note:Choice of service providers
66. Notwithstanding section 9 of the Department of Public Works and Government Services Act, the Agency may procure goods and services, other than legal services, from outside the federal public administration.
- 1999, c. 17, s. 66;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
- Date modified: