Marginal note:Notice of default
275. A trustee must, no later than thirty days after the trustee becomes aware of the occurrence of an event of default, give to the holders of debt obligations issued under a trust indenture notice of every event of default arising under the trust indenture and continuing at the time the notice is given, unless the trustee believes on reasonable grounds that it is in the best interests of the holders of the debt obligations to withhold the notice and so informs the issuer and guarantor in writing.
276. (1) In exercising powers and discharging duties, the trustee must
(a) act honestly and in good faith with a view to the best interests of the holders of the debt obligations issued under the trust indenture; and
(b) exercise the care, diligence and skill of a reasonably prudent trustee.
Marginal note:Reliance on statements
(2) Despite subsection (1), a trustee is not liable if the trustee relies in good faith on statements contained in a statutory declaration, certificate, opinion or report that complies with this Act or the trust indenture.
Marginal note:No exculpation
277. No term of a trust indenture or of an agreement between a trustee and the holders of debt obligations issued under the indenture or agreement or between the trustee and the issuer or guarantor operates to relieve a trustee from the duties imposed on the trustee by this Part.
RECEIVERS, RECEIVER-MANAGERS AND SEQUESTRATORS
Marginal note:Functions of receiver or sequestrator
278. A receiver or sequestrator of any property of a cooperative may, subject to the rights of secured creditors, receive the income from the property and pay the liabilities connected with the property and realize the security interest of those on behalf of whom the receiver or sequestrator is appointed, but, except to the extent permitted by a court, the receiver or sequestrator may not carry on the business of the cooperative.
- 1998, c. 1, s. 278;
- 2011, c. 21, s. 102.
Marginal note:Functions of receiver-manager
279. A receiver-manager of a cooperative may carry on any business of the cooperative to protect the security interest of those on behalf of whom the receiver-manager is appointed.
- 1998, c. 1, s. 279;
- 2011, c. 21, s. 102.
Marginal note:Directors’ powers cease
280. If a receiver, receiver-manager or sequestrator is appointed by a court or under an instrument or act, no director shall exercise the directors’ powers that the receiver, receiver-manager or sequestrator is authorized to exercise until the receiver, receiver-manager or sequestrator is discharged.
- 1998, c. 1, s. 280;
- 2011, c. 21, s. 103(E).
- Date modified: