Administrative and Institutional Provisions
11. The Minister for International Trade is the principal representative of Canada on the Commission.
Marginal note:Payment of expenditures
12. The Government of Canada shall pay its appropriate share of the aggregate of any expenditures incurred by or on behalf of the Commission.
Marginal note:Administrative support
13. The Minister for International Trade shall designate an agency, division or branch of the Government of Canada to facilitate the operation of, and provide administrative assistance to panels established under, Chapter N of the Agreement.
Panels, Committees and Scientific Review Boards
Marginal note:Appointments to roster
14. The Governor in Council may, in accordance with a consensus reached under Article G-25 or N-09 of the Agreement, appoint any person to be a member of the roster established under that Article.
Marginal note:Appointments to certain committees
15. The Minister may appoint any person to be a representative of Canada on any committee referred to in Section A of Annex N-01.2 of the Agreement.
Marginal note:Costs of panels, committees and boards
16. The Government of Canada shall, in accordance with Annex N-02.2 of the Agreement, pay the costs of or its appropriate share of the costs of
(a) the remuneration and expenses payable to panellists, members of committees, including persons appointed under section 15, and members of scientific review boards;
(b) the remuneration and expenses payable to assistants; and
(c) the general expenses incurred by panels, committees and scientific review boards.
Orders and Regulations
Marginal note:Regulations re Article C-10
17. (1) The Governor in Council may, if the Governor in Council is of the opinion that, for the purpose of giving effect in a province to Article C-10 of the Agreement, regulations are necessary in relation to any matter dealt with by that Article, make regulations for that purpose including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, regulations requiring or prohibiting the doing of anything in relation to which a regulation may be made under this subsection and prescribing penalties for the contravention of any such regulation.
Marginal note:Applicability of regulations in respect of a province
(2) A regulation made under subsection (1) shall not come into force in respect of a province if the Governor in Council is of the opinion that the province has, by or under provincial law, enacted provisions or is carrying on practices that are in conformity with the portion of Article C-10 of the Agreement in respect of which the regulation was made.
Marginal note:Consultation with provincial governments
(3) The Minister shall consult with the government of a province before the making of a regulation under subsection (1) in respect of that province.
(4) A regulation made under subsection (1) or any of its provisions ceases to be in force in respect of a province on a day or days to be fixed, in respect of that province, by order of the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Binding on province
(5) A regulation made under subsection (1) in respect of a province is binding on Her Majesty in right of that province.
- Date modified: