17. The Bank may provide, or enter into agreements for the provision of,
(a) business planning services;
(b) management counselling and training, including seminars, conferences and meetings; and
Marginal note:Borrowing powers
18. (1) The Bank may borrow money by any means, including issuing, selling, pledging or hypothecating debt obligations of the Bank.
Marginal note:Debt obligations
(2) The debt obligations may, in accordance with their terms, be subordinated to secured or unsecured indebtedness of the Bank and liability under them may be limited to the remaining assets of the Bank, after payment of indebtedness ranking prior to the debt obligations.
Marginal note:Investment powers
(3) The Bank may invest any money administered by it
(a) in debentures, bonds, stocks, bankers’ acceptances or other securities of or guaranteed by any member of the Canadian Payments Association, or the government of Canada or a province; or
(b) in any other manner that the Minister of Finance may approve.
Marginal note:Financial management
(4) The Bank may enter into any transaction for the purpose of reducing risk in the financial management of the Bank, including any financial instrument or agreement whose object is the management of financial risks, such as interest rate or currency exchange agreements, options, futures contracts and any other similar agreements.
(5) The Bank may pledge or hypothecate any of its assets or give deposits as security for any debt obligations issued by the Bank or as security for the due performance of its obligations under any financial management agreement.
Marginal note:Non-application of certain provisions
(6) For greater certainty, this section has effect notwithstanding sections 100 and 101 of the Financial Administration Act.
- 1995, c. 28, s. 18;
- 2011, c. 21, s. 8.
Marginal note:Loans to the Bank from Consolidated Revenue Fund
19. At the request of the Bank, the Minister of Finance may, out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund, lend money to the Bank on any terms and conditions that the Minister of Finance may fix.
Other Services and Programs
20. The Bank may enter into agreements with, and act as agent or mandatary for, any department or agency of the government of Canada or a province, or any other body or person, for the provision of services or programs to, on behalf of or jointly with that body or person and, subject to subsection 14(3), may deliver financial assistance on their behalf under the agreement.
- 1995, c. 28, s. 20;
- 2011, c. 21, s. 9(E).
- Date modified: