AMENDMENT TO THE BUDGET IMPLEMENTATION ACT, 1998
PAYMENTS FOR INFRASTRUCTURE
Marginal note:Payments for infrastructure
83. For the fiscal year 2005-2006, pursuant to the Government of Canada’s five-year initiative commonly known as “A New Deal for Cities and Communities”, the Minister of State (Infrastructure and Communities) may, subject to the terms and conditions approved by the Treasury Board, make payments from and out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund in an aggregate amount of not more than six hundred million dollars to provinces, territories and first nations for the purpose of providing funding to municipal and regional governments and related entities, including transit authorities and commissions and first nation communities, for environmentally sustainable infrastructure projects.
84. (1) The Minister of State (Infrastructure and Communities) shall not make a payment to a province, territory or first nation under section 83 unless the Government of Canada has entered into an agreement with the recipient province, territory or first nation.
Marginal note:Direct payments
(2) The Minister of State (Infrastructure and Communities) may, at the request of a provincial or territorial government, make payments under section 83 directly to a municipality, a municipal association or a provincial, territorial or municipal entity.
NOVA SCOTIA AND NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR ADDITIONAL FISCAL EQUALIZATION OFFSET PAYMENTS
Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador Additional Fiscal Equalization Offset Payments Act
85. The Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador Additional Fiscal Equalization Offset Payments Act is enacted as follows:
Related Amendment to the Budget Implementation Act, 2004
CANADA EMISSION REDUCTION INCENTIVES AGENCY
Canada Emission Reduction Incentives Agency Act
Access to Information Act
Financial Administration Act
Public Service Staff Relations Act
[Repealed, 2005, c. 30, s. 93]
91. [Repealed, 2005, c. 30, s. 93]
Public Service Superannuation Act
- Date modified: