Budget Implementation Act, 2005
S.C. 2005, c. 30
Assented to 2005-06-29
An Act to implement certain provisions of the budget tabled in Parliament on February 23, 2005
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
Marginal note:Short title
AMENDMENTS IN RESPECT OF INCOME TAX
Income Tax Act
6. [Related provision]
Income Tax Application Rules
AMENDMENTS IN RESPECT OF THE AIR TRAVELLERS SECURITY CHARGE
Air Travellers Security Charge Act
AMENDMENTS IN RESPECT OF THE GOODS AND SERVICES TAX AND HARMONIZED SALES TAX
Excise Tax Act
AMENDMENTS IN RESPECT OF EXCISE TAX ON JEWELLERY, ETC.
Excise Tax Act
25. (1) [Amendment]
(2) Subsection (1) is deemed to have come into force on February 24, 2005.
26. [Repealed, 2006, c. 4, s. 90]
AMENDMENTS TO THE FEDERAL-PROVINCIAL FISCAL ARRANGEMENTS ACT
Federal-Provincial Fiscal Arrangements Act
Marginal note:Payments to trust
30. (1) The Minister of Finance may make direct payments, in an aggregate amount of not more than one hundred and twenty million dollars, to a trust established to provide the territories with funding for the purpose of assisting them to achieve the goals of the Northern Strategy developed jointly by the federal government and the territories.
Marginal note:Share of a territory
(2) The amount that may be provided to a territory under this section is to be determined in accordance with the terms of the trust indenture establishing the trust.
Marginal note:Payments out of C.R.F.
(3) Any amount payable under this section may be paid by the Minister of Finance out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund at the times and in the manner that the Minister of Finance considers appropriate.
- Date modified: