Marginal note:Notice of hearing
19. The Commission shall cause notice of
(a) any application received by it for the issue, amendment or renewal of a licence, other than a licence to carry on a temporary network operation,
(b) any decision made by it to issue, amend or renew a licence, and
(c) any public hearing to be held by it under section 18
to be published in the Canada Gazette and in one or more newspapers of general circulation within any area affected or likely to be affected by the application, decision or matter to which the public hearing relates.
Marginal note:Panels of Commission
20. (1) The Chairperson of the Commission may establish panels, each consisting of not fewer than three members of the Commission, to deal with, hear and determine any matter on behalf of the Commission.
(2) A panel that is established under subsection (1) has and may exercise all the powers and may perform all the duties and functions of the Commission in relation to any matter before the panel.
(3) A decision of a majority of the members of a panel established under subsection (1) is a decision of the panel.
(4) The members of a panel established under subsection (1) shall consult with the Commission, and may consult with any officer of the Commission, for the purpose of ensuring a consistency of interpretation of the broadcasting policy set out in subsection 3(1), the regulatory policy set out in subsection 5(2) and the regulations made by the Commission under sections 10 and 11.
- 1991, c. 11, s. 20;
- 2001, c. 34, s. 32(E);
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1710.
21. The Commission may make rules
(a) respecting the procedure for making applications for licences, or for the amendment, renewal, suspension or revocation thereof, and for making representations and complaints to the Commission; and
(b) respecting the conduct of hearings and generally respecting the conduct of the business of the Commission in relation to those hearings.
Marginal note:Conditions governing issue, amendment and renewal
22. (1) No licence shall be issued, amended or renewed under this Part
(a) if the issue, amendment or renewal of the licence is in contravention of a direction to the Commission issued by the Governor in Council under subsection 26(1); and
(b) subject to subsection (2), unless the Minister of Industry certifies to the Commission that the applicant for the issue, amendment or renewal of the licence
(i) has satisfied the requirements of the Radiocommunication Act and the regulations made under that Act, and
(ii) has been or will be issued a broadcasting certificate with respect to the radio apparatus that the applicant would be entitled to operate under the licence.
(2) The requirement set out in paragraph (1)(b) does not apply in respect of radio apparatus, or any class thereof, prescribed under paragraph 6(1)(m) of the Radiocommunication Act.
Marginal note:Suspension or revocation of broadcasting certificate
(3) No licence is of any force or effect during any period when the broadcasting certificate issued under the Radiocommunication Act with respect to the radio apparatus that the holder of the licence is entitled to operate under that Act is suspended or revoked.
Marginal note:Issue, etc., contravening this section
(4) Any licence issued, amended or renewed in contravention of this section is of no force or effect.
- 1991, c. 11, s. 22;
- 1995, c. 1, s. 31.
- Date modified: