Marginal note:No right to compensation, etc.
5.8 No person is entitled to any compensation or costs for any loss, damage, removal or alteration resulting from the application of a zoning regulation to any lands, building, structure or object.
- R.S., 1985, c. 33 (1st Supp.), s. 1.
Marginal note:Agreements with a provincial authority
5.81 (1) The Minister may enter into an agreement with a provincial authority to authorize the provincial authority to regulate, in the same manner and to the same extent as it may regulate the use of lands within its jurisdiction, the use of lands adjacent to or in the vicinity of an airport or airport site that are not the subject of regulations made pursuant to subsection 5.4(2), for the purpose of ensuring that that use is not incompatible with the safe operation of an airport or aircraft.
(2) Subsections 5.4(3) to (5) and sections 5.5 to 5.7 shall not apply in respect of lands that are the subject of an agreement made under subsection (1), during the period in which the agreement remains in effect.
(3) Every person who contravenes a regulation or other measure established by a provincial authority pursuant to an agreement referred to in subsection (1) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
- 1992, c. 4, s. 11.
General Provisions respecting Regulations, Orders, etc.
Marginal note:Exemption by Governor in Council
5.9 (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations exempting, on any terms and conditions that may be specified in the regulations, any person, aeronautical product, aerodrome, facility or service, or any class of persons, aeronautical products, aerodromes, facilities or services, from the application of any regulation or order made under this Part.
Marginal note:Exemption by Minister
(2) The Minister or an officer of the Department of Transport authorized by the Minister for the purpose of this subsection may, on any terms and conditions that the Minister or officer, as the case may be, considers necessary, exempt any person, aeronautical product, aerodrome, facility or service, or any class of persons, aeronautical products, aerodromes, facilities or services, from the application of any regulation, order or security measure made under this Part if the exemption, in the opinion of the Minister or officer, as the case may be, is in the public interest and is not likely to adversely affect aviation safety or security.
Marginal note:Incorporation by reference
(3) A regulation, an order, a security measure or an emergency direction made under this Part that incorporates by reference a classification, standard, procedure or other specification may incorporate it as it is amended from time to time and in such a case the reference shall be read accordingly.
Marginal note:Prohibition in regulations or orders
(4) A regulation, an order, a security measure or an emergency direction made under this Part prohibiting the doing of any act or thing may prohibit the doing of that act or thing either at all times and places or only at specified times, places and occasions, and may do so either absolutely or subject to any specified exceptions or conditions.
- R.S., 1985, c. 33 (1st Supp.), s. 1;
- 2004, c. 15, s. 9.
- Date modified: