Marginal note:Registration on behalf of an association
59. (1) An association may, with the consent of the Minister, authorize any other association to register or identify, on the association’s behalf, the animals of any distinct breed or evolving breed in respect of which the association is incorporated.
(2) Where an association is authorized to register or identify animals on behalf of another association, the association shall do so in accordance with the other association’s by-laws relating to registration and identification.
Marginal note:Ability to contract
(3) Nothing in subsection (1) shall preclude any association from entering into any other contract or arrangement for the normal conduct of its business and affairs.
Marginal note:Notice of meetings and annual report
60. Every association shall send to the Minister
(a) at the same time and in the same manner as it sends to its members, notices of meetings setting out proposed amendments to its by-laws; and
(b) immediately after each annual meeting, a copy of the annual report, including an audited financial statement, together with a list of the directors and officers of the association and, where the association is a member of the Corporation, the name or names of the association’s voting representatives.
Marginal note:Registration and other rights
61. Notwithstanding anything in the by-laws of an association, no person shall be denied the right to have registered, to have identified or to transfer the ownership of any animal unless that person
(a) is, at the time the right is denied, in arrears of any fees owing to the association; or
(b) has contravened
(i) a by-law of the association relating to
(A) the eligibility for registration or identification, as the case may be, of animals by the association,
(B) the individual identification of animals, or
(C) the keeping of private breeding records,
(ii) any provision of this Act or the regulations, or
(iii) any provision of the Health of Animals Act or the regulations thereunder relating to the identification, within the meaning of that Act, or testing of animals.
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (4th Supp.), s. 61;
- 1994, c. 38, s. 13.
Marginal note:Indication of Minister’s approval
62. (1) Where the Minister, on the completion of an inspection or examination pursuant to paragraph 52(1)(a), is satisfied that animals are being registered or identified, as the case may be, by an association in a manner that is acceptable to the Minister, the Minister may authorize the association to show on its certificates that the association’s system of registration or identification, as the case may be, has been approved by the Minister.
(2) An approval referred to in subsection (1) must be in a form satisfactory to the Minister and the Minister may at any time and for any reason order an association to cease using the approval on its certificates.
- Date modified: