Marginal note:General Manager
44. (1) The Board shall appoint a General Manager of the Corporation.
(2) The General Manager of the Corporation has, on behalf of the Board, responsibility for the direction and management of the business and affairs of the Corporation, and authority to act in all matters that are not by the by-laws or by resolution of the Board specifically reserved to be done by the Chairman of the Board or the Board itself.
Marginal note:Membership eligibility
45. (1) Only an association may be a member of the Corporation and every association is eligible to be a member.
Marginal note:First members
(2) The first members of the Corporation are the associations affiliated under the Canadian National Live Stock Records immediately before the coming into force of this Act.
Marginal note:Number of votes
46. Each association that is a member of the Corporation shall, for all purposes, have voting rights as follows:
(a) where the association has two hundred members or less, one vote;
(b) where the association has more than two hundred members but not more than five hundred members, two votes;
(c) where the association has more than five hundred members but not more than one thousand members, three votes;
(d) where the association has more than one thousand members but not more than one thousand five hundred members, four votes; and
(e) where the association has more than one thousand five hundred members, five votes.
Marginal note:Election of directors
47. (1) The candidates for directors to be elected by the members of the Corporation shall be the persons nominated therefor by the members of the Corporation and the elected directors shall be those nominated persons who receive the largest number of votes.
Marginal note:Distribution of votes
(2) For the purpose of electing directors, a member of the Corporation with more than one vote may cast its votes in favour of one candidate or distribute them among the candidates in any manner.
Termination of Membership
Marginal note:Termination of membership
48. (1) An association shall cease to be a member of the Corporation if
(a) the association gives the Corporation notice of its intention to cease being a member at least ninety days prior to the effective date thereof or such longer notice as the by-laws of the Corporation may require; and
(b) the association has no outstanding debt owing to the Corporation.
Marginal note:Records to be returned
(2) Where an association ceases to be a member of the Corporation, the Corporation shall, on request therefor, provide the association with all of the Corporation’s records relating to that association.
- Date modified: