Marginal note:Application for exemption
88.11 (1) Any member of a transition team referred to in section 88.1 may apply to the Commissioner of Lobbying for an exemption from that section.
Marginal note:Commissioner of Lobbying may exempt
(2) The Commissioner of Lobbying may, on any conditions that the Commissioner of Lobbying specifies, exempt the member from the application of section 88.1 having regard to any circumstance or factor that the Commissioner of Lobbying considers relevant, including the following:
(a) the circumstances under which the member left the functions referred to in subsection 88.1(5);
(b) the nature, and significance to the Government of Canada, of information that the member possessed by virtue of the functions referred to in subsection 88.1(5);
(c) the degree to which the member’s new employer might gain unfair commercial advantage by hiring the member;
(d) the authority and influence that the member possessed while having the functions referred to in subsection 88.1(5); and
(e) the disposition of other cases.
(3) The Commissioner of Lobbying shall without delay cause every exemption and the Commissioner of Lobbying’s reasons for it to be made available to the public.
(4) The Commissioner of Lobbying may verify the information contained in any application under subsection (1).
88.2 The registrar referred to in section 8 of the other Act may make public the nature of an offence committed under section 88.1, the name of the person who committed it and the punishment imposed.
Marginal note:R.S., c. A-1
Marginal note:Records relating to investigations
16.2 (1) The Commissioner of Lobbying shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information that was obtained or created by the Commissioner or on the Commissioner’s behalf in the course of an investigation conducted by or under the authority of the Commissioner.
(2) However, the Commissioner shall not refuse under subsection (1) to disclose any record that contains information that was created by the Commissioner or on the Commissioner's behalf in the course of an investigation conducted by, or under the authority of, the Commissioner once the investigation and all related proceedings, if any, are finally concluded.
90. Schedule I to the Act is amended by striking out the following under the heading “Other Government Institutions”:
Office of the Registrar of Lobbyists
Bureau du directeur des lobbyistes
- Date modified: