7. The Minister may, in exercising the powers and performing the duties and functions assigned by this Act, establish and implement programs designed to support projects or other activities that contribute to the social development of Canada, and the Minister may make grants and contributions in support of the programs.
8. (1) The Department may provide services to, and receive services from, the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development and the Canada Employment Insurance Commission.
Marginal note:Amounts charged
(2) The Minister may, with the approval of the Treasury Board, fix the amounts or the manner of determining the amounts to be recovered for services provided to the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development and the Canada Employment Insurance Commission. The amounts may not exceed the cost of providing the services.
Marginal note:Amounts received
(3) Subject to conditions imposed by the Treasury Board, any amounts received by the Department for services under subsection (2) may be expended by the Department for its purposes.
9. (1) The Minister may establish advisory and other committees and provide for their membership, duties, functions and operation.
(2) Members of a committee shall be paid, in connection with their work for the committee, the remuneration that may be fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Travel, living and other expenses
(3) Members of a committee are entitled to be reimbursed, in accordance with Treasury Board directives, for the travel, living and other expenses incurred in connection with their work for the committee while absent, in the case of full-time members, from their ordinary place of work or, in the case of part-time members, from their ordinary place of residence.
National Council of Welfare
Marginal note:National Council of Welfare
10. (1) The National Council of Welfare is continued, consisting of a chairperson and not more than fifteen other members to be appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office during pleasure for the term, not exceeding three years, that will ensure as far as possible the expiration in any one year of the terms of appointment of fewer than half of the members so appointed.
Marginal note:Members deemed to be in the public service
(2) The members of the Council are deemed to be employed in the public service of Canada for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act while in the course of their duties under this Act.
Marginal note:Eligibility for reappointment
11. A member of the Council is eligible for reappointment.
- Date modified: