Marginal note:2001, c. 4, s. 118(F)
171. Section 17 of the French version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Dons, legs, etc.
17. Le Conseil peut, par don, legs ou autrement, acquérir des biens, notamment sous forme d’argent ou de valeurs mobilières et, malgré toute disposition contraire de la présente loi, les employer, les gérer ou en disposer, pourvu qu’il respecte les conditions dont est assortie leur acquisition.
Marginal note:R.S., c. S-18
State Immunity Act
Marginal note:Property in Canada
8. A foreign state is not immune from the jurisdiction of a court in any proceedings that relate to an interest or, in the Province of Quebec, a right of the state in property that arises by way of succession, gift or bona vacantia.
173. Subsection 10(4) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Application to set aside or revoke default judgment
(4) A foreign state may, within sixty days after service on it of a certified copy of a judgment under subsection (2), apply to have the judgment set aside or revoked.
Marginal note:1993, c. 38
« personne »
“person” includes any individual, partnership, body corporate, unincorporated organization, government, government agency and any other person or entity that acts in the name of or for the benefit of another, including a trustee, executor, administrator, liquidator of the succession, guardian, curator or tutor;
175. Section 5 of the Act is replaced by the following:
5. A trustee, trustee in bankruptcy, receiver, sequestrator, manager, administrator of the property of another or any other person who, under the authority of any court, or any legal instrument or act, operates any transmission facility of a Canadian carrier is subject to this Act.
176. (1) Paragraph 22(1)(b) of the French version of the Act is replaced by the following:
b) sur les circonstances dans lesquelles l’entreprise canadienne peut, pour maintenir son admissibilité, contrôler l’acquisition et la propriété de ses actions avec droit de vote, ainsi que limiter, suspendre ou refuser de reconnaître des droits de propriété à l’égard de celles-ci ou obliger ses actionnaires à en disposer, ainsi que sur les modalités afférentes à la prise de ces mesures;
Marginal note:1999, c. 31, s. 198(1)(F)
(2) Paragraph 22(1)(f) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
(f) respecting the powers of a Canadian carrier to require disclosure of the beneficial ownership of its shares, the right of the carrier and its directors, officers and employees, and its agents or mandataries, to rely on any required disclosure and the effects of their reliance;
(3) Paragraph 22(1)(h) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
(h) respecting the circumstances and manner in which the Commission and its members, officers or employees, or its agents or mandataries, or a Canadian carrier and its directors, officers and employees, and its agents or mandataries, may be protected from liability for actions taken by them in order to maintain the carrier’s eligibility;
- Date modified: