Marginal note:Information available from Agency
19. The Agency shall make available for inspection by the public in accordance with the regulations any information that is prescribed by the regulations relating to
(a) this Act, the regulations under this Act and policy directions under section 25;
(b) the by-laws of the Agency;
(c) licences issued by the Agency;
(d) applications for, and amendments or renewals of, licences;
(e) notices of proceedings in respect of the issuance, amendment, renewal, suspension, restoration or revocation of licences;
(f) information and observations provided to the Agency in respect of any proceedings respecting licences, other than the identity of — or information that can reasonably be expected to be used in the identification of — any donor of human reproductive material or an in vitro embryo, any person who has undergone an assisted reproduction procedure or any person who was conceived by means of such a procedure;
(g) decisions of the Agency arising from any proceedings respecting licences;
(h) the names and addresses of licensees;
(i) aggregated outcomes of assisted reproduction procedures performed by licensees;
(j) measures taken under section 44;
(k) the enforcement of this Act;
(l) agreements entered into under section 58;
(m) agreements entered into under section 68; and
(n) reports and other documentation provided to or by the Agency pursuant to the Agency's power to monitor and evaluate developments in assisted human reproduction and other matters to which this Act applies.
RESPONSIBILITY OF MINISTER
Marginal note:Assisted human reproduction policy
20. (1) The Minister is responsible for the policy of the Government of Canada respecting assisted human reproduction and any other matter that, in the opinion of the Minister, relates to the subject-matter of this Act.
(2) The Minister is responsible for the Agency.
ASSISTED HUMAN REPRODUCTION AGENCY OF CANADA
Marginal note:Agency established
21. (1) The Assisted Human Reproduction Agency of Canada is hereby established as a body corporate that may exercise powers and perform duties only as an agent of Her Majesty in right of Canada.
Marginal note:Head office
(2) The head office of the Agency shall be at a place in Canada designated by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Application of Official Languages Act
(3) The Official Languages Act applies to the Agency.
22. The objectives of the Agency are
(a) to protect and promote the health and safety, and the human dignity and human rights, of Canadians, and
(b) to foster the application of ethical principles,
in relation to assisted human reproduction and other matters to which this Act applies.
- Date modified: