Marginal note:Child resuming attendance at school or university
68. If, before the coming into force of subsection 25(5) of the Canadian Forces Superannuation Act, as enacted by section 15 of this Act, payment of an allowance to a person ceased because, not being in full-time attendance at a school or university, that person was not a child within the meaning of paragraph 25(4)(b) of that Act, as that provision read before that coming into force, payment of the allowance to the person shall be resumed from the day that the person is a child within the meaning of paragraph 25(5)(b) of that Act, as enacted by section 15 of this Act, but in no case shall payment be made under this section from a day that is earlier than that coming into force.
Marginal note:Application of section 45
69. Section 45 applies only with respect to contributors who cease to be members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police on or after the day on which this section comes into force.
(2) If section 136 of the other Act is not in force on the day on which subsection 4(2) of this Act comes into force, then, on that coming into force, section 136 of the other Act is repealed.
(3) If section 136 of the other Act and subsection 4(2) of this Act come into force on the same day, then subsection 4(2) of this Act is deemed to have come into force first, and subsection (2) applies.
(4) If subparagraph 225(z.19)(xv) of the other Act comes into force before or on the same day as section 50 of this Act, then, on the coming into force of that section 50, subsection 13.01(1) of the English version of the Public Service Superannuation Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Transfer value
13.01 (1) Despite any other provision of this Act, except subsections 40(7) and 40.2(6), but subject to the regulations, a contributor who has ceased to be employed in the public service and is not entitled to an immediate annuity and has to the contributor’s credit two or more years of pensionable service is entitled, in the place of any other benefit under this Act to which the contributor would otherwise be entitled in respect of that period of pensionable service, to a transfer value that is payable to the contributor in accordance with subsection (2).
COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:Coming into force
71. The provisions of this Act, other than section 70, and the provisions of any Act as enacted by this Act, come into force on a day or days to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council.
- Date modified: