Marginal note:R.S., c. R-11
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act
(I) any period of service in respect of which the contributor was entitled to be paid or was granted a return of contributions or other lump sum payment, other than a transfer value or a commuted value, under this Part or under Part V of the former Act, if the contributor elects, within one year after subsequently becoming a contributor under this Part, to pay for that service,
57. (1) Subsection 9(1) of the Act is amended by adding the following in alphabetical order:
« valeur de transfert »
“transfer value” means a lump sum amount, representing the value of the contributor’s pension benefits, as determined in accordance with the regulations.
(2) Subsection 9(4) of the Act is repealed.
Marginal note:1999, c. 26, s. 16(3)
58. Subsection 10(6) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(6) Subparagraphs (1)(a)(ii) and (iii), as enacted by subsection 16(1) of the Budget Implementation Act, 1999, apply with respect to benefits payable to or in respect of a person who contributes under section 5 on or after June 17, 1999 but do not apply to a person who became entitled to an annuity before that date, is re-appointed to or re-enlisted in the Force and is a contributor referred to in section 23 and who, on subsequently ceasing to be a member of the Force, is only entitled to a return of contributions.
Marginal note:1999, c. 34, s. 180(1)
59. (1) The portion of subsection 13(1) of the Act after paragraph (a) is replaced by the following:
(b) in the case of each child, an immediate annual allowance equal to one-fifth of the basic allowance or, if the contributor died without leaving a survivor, the survivor is dead or the survivor is not entitled to receive an allowance under this Part, other than an immediate annual allowance under section 14.1, two-fifths of the basic allowance,
but the total amount of the allowances paid under paragraph (b) shall not exceed four-fifths of the basic allowance or, if the contributor died without leaving a survivor, the survivor is dead or the survivor is not entitled to receive an allowance under this Part, other than an immediate annual allowance under section 14.1, eight-fifths of the basic allowance.
Marginal note:1999, c. 34, s. 180(2)
(2) Subsection 13(3) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(3) On the death of a contributor who was a member of the Force at the time of death, having to his or her credit a period of pensionable service equal to or greater than the period prescribed by the regulations, the survivor and children of the contributor are entitled to the annual allowances to which they would have been entitled under subsection (1) had the contributor, immediately before death, become entitled under this Part to an annuity or annual allowance.
- Date modified: