Marginal note:1992, c. 51, s. 28
107. Paragraph 69(1)(a) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(a) a judge of a superior court, or
108. Paragraphs 74(1)(b) and (c) of the Act are replaced by the following:
(b) prepare budgetary submissions for the requirements of the Council;
(c) be responsible for any other administrative arrangements that are necessary to ensure that all reasonable requirements, including those for premises, equipment and other supplies and services and for officers, clerks and employees of the Council for the carrying out of its operations, are provided for in accordance with law; and
109. Section 76 of the Act and the heading before it are repealed.
110. Sections 77 and 78 of the Act are replaced by the following:
77. The officers, clerks and employees who are required by the Commissioner to carry out the Commissioner’s duties and functions under section 74 shall be appointed under the Public Service Employment Act.
Marginal note:Commissioner is deputy head
78. The Commissioner and the officers, clerks and employees appointed under section 77 shall be a portion of the public service of Canada that is separate from the Department of Justice and of which the Commissioner shall be the deputy head.
111. The English version of the Act is amended by replacing the word “his” with the expression “his or her” in the following provisions:
(a) subsection 42(3);
(b) subsection 51(2);
(c) subsection 53(5);
(d) section 64; and
(e) paragraph 65(2)(d).
RELATED AND CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS
Marginal note:R.S., c. A-1
Access to Information Act
Marginal note:Applications relating to international affairs or defence
52. (1) An application under section 41 or 42 relating to a record or a part of a record that the head of a government institution has refused to disclose by reason of paragraph 13(1)(a) or (b) or section 15 shall be heard and determined by the Chief Justice of the Federal Court or by any other judge of that Court that the Chief Justice may designate to hear those applications.
113. Subsection 55(2) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Salary and expenses
(2) The Information Commissioner shall be paid a salary equal to the salary of a judge of the Federal Court, other than the Chief Justice of that Court, and is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred in the performance of duties under this or any other Act of Parliament.
- Date modified: