Marginal note:Direction to Chief Administrator
9. (1) A chief justice may issue binding directions in writing to the Chief Administrator with respect to any matter within the Chief Administrator’s authority.
Marginal note:Statutory Instruments Act not to apply
(2) The Statutory Instruments Act does not apply to directions issued under subsection (1).
STAFF OF THE SERVICE
Marginal note:Staff to be public servants
CONTRACTING FOR SERVICES
11. The Chief Administrator may engage on a temporary basis experts or persons who have specialized knowledge for the purposes of advising and assisting the Chief Administrator in the performance of his or her duties and functions in any matter.
REPORT TO PARLIAMENT
Marginal note:Annual report
12. (1) The Chief Administrator shall, within six months after the end of each fiscal year, send to the Minister of Justice a report on the activities of the Service for that year.
Marginal note:Tabling in Parliament
(2) The Minister of Justice shall have a copy of the report laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first 15 days on which that House is sitting after the day on which the Minister receives the report.
Marginal note:R.S., c. F-7
AMENDMENTS TO THE FEDERAL COURT ACT
13. The long title of the Federal Court Act is replaced by the following:
14. Section 1 of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Short title
1. This Act may be cited as the Federal Courts Act.
15. (1) The definitions “Associate Chief Justice”, “Chief Justice”, “Court”, “Court of Appeal”, “Federal Court of Appeal”, “judge” and “Trial Division” in subsection 2(1) of the Act are repealed.
Marginal note:1990, c. 8, s. 1(3)
(2) The definition “federal board, commission or other tribunal” in subsection 2(1) of the Act is replaced by the following:
“federal board, commission or other tribunal”
« office fédéral »
“federal board, commission or other tribunal” means any body, person or persons having, exercising or purporting to exercise jurisdiction or powers conferred by or under an Act of Parliament or by or under an order made pursuant to a prerogative of the Crown, other than the Tax Court of Canada or any of its judges, any such body constituted or established by or under a law of a province or any such person or persons appointed under or in accordance with a law of a province or under section 96 of the Constitution Act, 1867;
(3) Subsection 2(1) of the Act is amended by adding the following in alphabetical order:
« greffe »
“Registry” means a registry established by the Chief Administrator of the Courts Administration Service pursuant to the Courts Administration Service Act for the purposes of this Act.
- Date modified: