Marginal note:1999, c. 3, s. 76
194. Subsection 54(4) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Definition of “senior judge”
(4) In this section, “senior judge”, in respect of the Supreme Court of Yukon, the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories or the Nunavut Court of Justice, means the judge with the earliest date of appointment to the Court in question or, in the case of more than one judge appointed on the same day, means the judge that the Governor in Council may designate as the senior judge.
Marginal note:1999, c. 3, s. 77(1)
195. Paragraph 59(1)(c) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(c) the senior judges, as defined in subsection 22(3), of the Supreme Court of Yukon, the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories and the Nunavut Court of Justice;
Marginal note:1993, c. 41
Land Titles Repeal Act
Definition of “Territory”
2. In this Act, “Territory” means Yukon or the Northwest Territories, as the case may require.
197. Subparagraph 3(2)(c)(ii) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(ii) in the case of Yukon, provisions having the same effect as sections 55 and 56 of that Act,
198. Section 4 of the Act is replaced by the following:
4. (1) Notwithstanding any other Act of Parliament, the Commissioner in Council of the Northwest Territories and the Legislature of Yukon may not, without the approval of the Governor in Council, repeal, amend or otherwise render inoperable any provision described in paragraph 3(2)(c).
(2) The restriction set out in subsection (1) applies to the Legislature for Nunavut in respect of those provisions of its laws that correspond to the provisions described in subparagraphs 3(2)(c)(i), (iii) and (iv).
199. Subsection 5(1) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Certificate as evidence against the Crown
5. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the land titles ordinance or the law of the Legislature of Yukon or for Nunavut that serves the purpose of the ordinance may provide that a certificate of title granted under the ordinance or law is conclusive evidence in all courts as against Her Majesty, subject to the same exceptions as were contained in the Land Titles Act as it read immediately before it was repealed in respect of the Territory.
- Date modified: