Marginal note:1993, c. 28, s. 78 (Sch. III, s. 48)
164. Subsection 40(2) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Prescribing prices
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), the Governor in Council may, by regulation, prescribe prices at which the various kinds of gas to which this Part applies that are produced, extracted, recovered or manufactured in Yukon, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut are to be sold on or for delivery in any areas or zones in Canada and outside any of those territories or at any points of export from Canada.
Marginal note:1993, c. 28, s. 78 (Sch. III, s. 49)
165. Subsection 41(2) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Territories or offshore area
(2) Where the Governor in Council prescribes prices pursuant to subsection 40(2) or (3) at which the various kinds of gas to which this Part applies that are produced, extracted, recovered or manufactured in Yukon, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut or the offshore area, as the case may be, are to be sold, sections 43 to 55 apply in respect of any of those territories or that offshore area.
Marginal note:R.S., c. E-15
Excise Tax Act
Marginal note:1993, c. 28, s. 78 (Sch. III, s. 50)
Marginal note:Application to territories
(2) For the purposes of this Act, the expression “Her Majesty in right of a province” includes the governments of Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut and the expression “legislature of any province” includes the Council of the Northwest Territories and the Legislative Assembly of Yukon or Nunavut.
Marginal note:R.S., c. E-21
Marginal note:1994, c. 43, s. 84
(4) No interest in settlement land as defined in section 2 of the Yukon First Nations Land Claims Settlement Act or lands identified as such in a self-government agreement as defined in the Yukon First Nations Self-Government Act may be expropriated under this Part without the consent of the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:1994, c. 43, s. 86
168. Section 35.1 of the Act is replaced by the following:
35.1 (1) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, any dispute as to the compensation payable in respect of an expropriated interest in land described in subsection 4(4) or (5) may only be heard and determined by the body established under the laws of the Legislature of Yukon having jurisdiction with respect to surface rights and under and in accordance with those laws.
Marginal note:Provisions applicable
(2) Subsection 16(2) and sections 33, 35 and 36 apply, with any modifications that the circumstances require, in respect of compensation determined by the body referred to in subsection (1) as if that compensation were compensation adjudged by the Court.
- Date modified: