Marginal note:R.S., c. P-8
Marginal note:No assignment of interest of members
15. The interest of any member of a pension fund society in the funds of the society is not transferable, and may not be charged by way of pledge, hypothecation or movable hypothec without delivery, or be sold or assigned in any manner.
Marginal note:R.S., c. P-10
Marginal note:Titre abrégé
114. The heading “INDEMNISATION DES DOMMAGES CAUSÉS PAR DES PESTICIDES” before section 3 of the French version of the Act is replaced by the following:
INDEMNISATION DU DOMMAGE CAUSÉ PAR DES PESTICIDES
115. Paragraph 3(1)(d) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(d) the Minister is satisfied that the presence of the pesticide residue in or on the product is not due to any fault of the farmer, the farmer’s employee, agent or mandatary or of a previous owner of the land on which the product was grown, or that previous owner’s employee, agent or mandatary.
116. Subsection 5(1) of the English version of the Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Action by farmer
5. (1) No payment of compensation shall be made to a farmer under this Act in respect of a loss suffered by the farmer by reason of pesticide residue in or on an agricultural product until the farmer has taken any steps that the Minister considers necessary
(a) to reduce the loss suffered by the farmer by reason of that pesticide residue; and
(b) to pursue any legal action that the farmer may have against
(i) the manufacturer of the pesticide causing the residue in or on the product, or
(ii) every person responsible for the presence of the pesticide residue in or on the product.
Marginal note:R.S., c. S-8
Marginal note:R.S., c. 49 (1st Supp.), s. 4(2)
(h.5) determining the cases in which and the conditions, including provision of a bond or suretyship, under which seeds shall, for the purposes of this Act, be transported and stored on importation;
- Date modified: