Marginal note:Refugee Protection Division
198. The Refugee Protection Division has jurisdiction to consider decisions of the Convention Refugee Determination Division that are set aside by the Federal Court or the Supreme Court of Canada, and shall dispose of those matters in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
199. Sections 112 to 114 apply to a redetermination of a decision set aside by the Federal Court with respect to an application for landing as a member of the post-determination refugee claimants in Canada class within the meaning of the Immigration Regulations, 1978.
200. Subsection 31(1) does not apply with respect to persons who were permanent residents, within the meaning of the former Act, on the coming into force of this section.
201. The regulations may provide for measures regarding the transition between the former Act and this Act, including measures regarding classes of persons who will be subject in whole or in part to this Act or the former Act and measures regarding financial and enforcement matters.
Consequential and Related Amendments
Marginal note:R.S., c. A-1
Access to Information Act
(b) a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act,
Marginal note:1997, c. 20
Agricultural Marketing Programs Act
For the purposes of Parts I and IV, “producer” includes a person or entity mentioned in any of paragraphs (a) to (d) that is entitled to a crop or a share in it as landlord, vendor, mortgagee or hypothecary creditor on a date specified for the purposes of this definition in an advance guarantee agreement. In this definition, “permanent resident” has the same meaning as in subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Marginal note:R.S., c. 8 (4th Supp.)
Animal Pedigree Act
Marginal note:Qualifications of applicants
(2) A person is qualified to apply to form an association if the person is eighteen years of age or more and is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Date modified: